How Invisalign in Brampton Works?
If you want to straighten your teeth, you may be thinking of clear aligners like Invisalign Brampton.
So how does Invisalign work to straighten teeth?
Invisalign is a set of clear aligners that you switch about every two weeks that put constant pressure on your teeth like braces do in order to straighten them.
What is the procedure for Invisalign
The procedure for Invisalign is:
- An examination by the dentist or orthodontist to see if you are a good candidate for Invisalign
- An impression of your teeth is made
- That is sent to the lab, at the lab that impression is digitally scanned, then the Invisalign lab makes the plastic trays that will straighten your teeth working with your dentist as to how he or she wants your teeth moved, it normally takes 3 to 4 weeks for the trays to come back
- When the trays are back, you go to the dentist, put the first tray in and follow the dentist instruction on how long to wear and when to switch tray
- The tray will be in your mouth 20 to 22 hours a day, the only time you should take the tray out is to eat and practice proper oral hygiene
- The Invisalign trays usually work within 18 months, however, you still may require a retainer so that your teeth do not shift back
Invisalign is not always the best choice, it will depend on how crooked your teeth are. Also, if you have a bite issue Invisalign may not be the right choice.
Your Brampton dentist on airport road can help you determine if Invisalign will suit your needs for straightening your teeth and if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.