There are several reasons it is important to wear dental sports guard Brampton.
What is a sports guard
A sports guard is the same as a mouth guard it is protection for your teeth and soft tissue of your mouth that fits over the teeth.
Here are 5 reasons why you need to wear a dental sports guard:
- Protection against soft tissue damage
- Protection against jaw fracture
- Protection against a tooth being knocked out
- Saves money in dental fees
- Not only do sports guards protect you but they also protect other team players from being hurt by your teeth.
In choosing a mouth guard. There are three types to consider:
- Custom fit by a dentist
- Boil and bite purchased in sporting goods stores or pharmacies
- Stock made come ready to wear
The best way to choose a mouth guard is to speak to your Brampton dentist and tell him/her the kind of sports you play. This will help you choose the best guard for you that will protect your teeth, jaw, and mouth.
A comfortable mouth guard should allow you to breathe and talk with it in. Also, if it is uncomfortable you or your child will not wear it which could lead to severe injury to your jaw, inner mouth, or teeth.
In some sports, a boil and bite will offer enough protection. However, other sports such as hockey, lacrosse, or football a boil might need more protection from a custom-made guard.