Where would you for a dental emergency Brampton?
Our clinic offers emergency hours weeknights and on Saturday for those times when you just cannot wait until the next day.
What is a dental emergency
There are several things that would be classified as a dental emergency.
• Broken tooth
• A tooth that has been knocked out
• Cracked tooth
Causes of dental emergencies
The cause of dental emergencies ranges from sports injuries to accidents like falls where you hit your mouth on concrete.
Playing sports without a mouth guard can cause chipped, cracked, or broken teeth. It can also cause bites on the tongue or lips.
You slip on ice and fall it is possible that you could hit your mouth or chin and break or crack a tooth or two or bite your tongue.
A car accident that you were not wearing your seatbelt properly or at all and you could have a dental emergency.
As you can see there are many ways that dental emergencies are caused.
What you can during dental emergencies
If you have a dental emergency, you can do a few things to help until you reach the dental clinic.
- Broken tooth that is bleeding, rinse your mouth with lukewarm water then use some gauze with cold water to gently press against the tooth and or gum that is bleeding
- If your tooth is knocked out, rinse with water and keep it moist with a cool wet cloth or gauze
- Call or come to the clinic as soon as possible
Things you can do to prevent dental emergencies;
- Wear a mouth guard when you play sports or any activity in which you could fall such as gymnastics
- Always wear your seatbelt properly
- Pay attention when walking so you do not trip or slip on ice