Brampton Dentist: What is bridging of teeth?
Teeth bridging Brampton is the filling of the gap left by one or more missing teeth.
Types of bridges
There are several types of bridges.
- Traditional bridge which requires a crown on either side of the missing tooth with a false tooth in the middle
- Cantilever bridges are used when you have teeth on only one side of the gap where your teeth are missing.
- Resin-bonded bridge normally bonded to the tooth or teeth on one side of the bridge.
It is also possible now to use implants to support bridges. That is something you can discuss with your dentist. Often they like to have an implant for every missing tooth but there are times that is not practical.
Benefits of a bridge
A bridge offers some benefits which are:
- Restores your smile
- Allows for you to chew your food properly
- Allows you to speak proplery
- Maintains your facial shape
- Stops remaining teeth from shifting
- Evenly distributes the force of your biting
Determining which bridge is right for you
Your dentist will help determine which bridge will best suit your needs.
This is done with an exam of your teeth and possibly an x-ray.
Once it has been determined which bridge will best suit your needs, an impression is made of the teeth including the missing tooth or teeth area.
The lab will make the bridge from the impression.
While the lab is making the bridge any work that needs to be done as far as shaping the teeth the bridge will be fixed too will be done by the dentist.